By: Nina Hamilton-Wilber
Here on the Central Coast of California we have lots of beautiful beach locations to choose from. When planning your perfect day, here are a few tips.
1. When choosing a location be mindful of the wind and the tide. A cove can be a nice spot that is protected from the breeze and be sure to set up where you will have plenty of room when the tide comes in.
2. Check and see if a permit is needed. Some beaches do not require a permit, especially if the wedding is small and your reception is at a different location.
3. Search for vendors that have experience with beach weddings. It can be very helpful when they have the proper items that work best in the sand, such as benches, arbors etc.
4. Rental companies will require someone to be on-site when making a delivery so be sure to assign the job to someone you trust.
5. Think about who is on your guest list. It may be a challenge for some of your elders to walk in the sand. Designate several strong, healthy guests to provide assistance to those who may need it.
6. Provide things like sunscreen, sunglasses, parasols even flip flops can be helpful if guest wore the wrong shoes to the wedding. On hot Summer days make sure you provide refreshments for your guests.
7. Say thank you with a beach themed favor such as a lei or personalized seashell.
Beach weddings can be both memorable and magical. Remember that you are exposed to the elements of nature, so go with the flow… and be prepared with a backup plan just in case Mother Nature doesn’t cooperate. Here’s hoping that your beach wedding is everything you dream of.