By: Nina Hamilton-Wilber
When having a destination wedding, or if your guests are coming from out of town, show your appreciation with a “Welcome Gift Bag”. Here are a few great ideas of items to include.
- First choose an appropriate vessel for displaying your items.
- Pampering items such as body wash, soap, lip balm, etc.
- Local wine or beer with information about the winery/brewery.
- Local goodies & treats for midnight munchies.
- A list of local restaurants; highlighting some of your favorites.
- A map of the area, including a list of things to do while visiting. Wine tasting, shopping, movie theaters, sightseeing, etc.
- List of transportation companies.
- Include local visitor’s guide(s).
- Most importantly, be sure to include a hand written “Thank you” note!
Your guests will love the thoughtfulness. Little details like the “Welcome Gift Bag” will help make their visit more enjoyable, thus adding to their overall enthusiasm for the occasion. Remember, happy guests make for a much better celebration!