It is a great honor to be a part of the wedding party. It is also a responsibility to take seriously. Have fun with it and get creative. The Bride will be very thankful! Here are some thoughtful ideas for all of you bridesmaids out there.
- Take responsibility for the welcome bag for the out-of-town guests.
- Have a girls night and help stuff envelopes with save the date cards and the wedding invitations.
- Offer to help assemble wedding favors.
- If the rehearsal dinner is a casual affair, arrange the centerpieces for the table.
- Help ward off the pre-wedding jitters by taking the bride out for a movie or a play.
- At the wedding reception keep the bride’s drink filled. She will have a hard time getting to the bar.
- Offer to collect the cake topper, champagne flutes and other keepsake elements that have been used during the wedding.
- Have snacks and beverages waiting for the newlyweds when they check in to their hotel room. More times than not the bride and groom don’t eat much at their own wedding.
- A honeymoon bag filled with sunscreen, Visine, toothbrushes, romantic items, etc.
- When the newlyweds return from their honeymoon, have their refrigerator stocked with food & drinks.
By: Nina Hamilton-Wilber